Let’s Make Some Noise – Retirement Village residents need to make some noise in the lead up to three state elections in 2018.
2018 is likely to be a pivotal year in reforms for the retirement village industry. Despite numerous government inquiries going back decades there has been a constant stream of complaints about the industry. This golden opportunity will be taken by governments or again the legislators and regulators of the industry will fail all older Australians, again!
It took the ABC 4 Corners program ‘Bleed Them Dry Until They Die’ and the Fairfax press to finally draw the attention of legislators and regulators and the Australian public as to deep seated issues within the industry.
Current village residents have a unique window of opportunity to ‘make some noise’ in those states where a state election is being held in 2018.
Future village residents also have a unique window of opportunity to ‘make some noise’ about proposed changes that may see them better protected against an industry so heavily criticised in 2017.
For past, current and potential retirement village residents:-
- If you have never visited you local member of parliament, do it now.
- If you have never written to your local member of parliament, do it now.
- If you have never emailed your local member of parliament, do it now.
- If you have never posted on Facebook about retirement villages, do it now.
- If you have never tweeted about retirement villages, do it now.
- If you haven’t joined your state retirement village residents representative organisation, do it now.
Go ahead, make your day, make some noise.
We are Retirement Village residents and we vote!
Let’s Make Some Noise.
Follow retvill.net on Social Media